Patterns in submarine canyons: role of scale and heterogeneity
WG coordinator: Steve Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Present at INCISE2014 discussion: Steve Ross, Claudio Lo Iacono, Marie-Claire Fabri, Tahmeena Aslam, Tim Shank, Laetitia Gunton, Sara Roman, Fabio Matos, Martina Pierdomenico, Katleen Robert, Craig Robertson, Andrew Davies
Present at INCISE2016 discussion: Claudio Lo Iacono (chair), Fabio Matos (rapporteur), Gary Green, Laetitia Gunton (taking notes), Natalie Valette-Silver, Kevin Power, Neus Campanà, Chih-Lin Wei, Marie-Claire Fabri, Pauline Chauvet
• Can we quantify heterogeneity in canyons and does it vary between canyons?
• What causes the patterns in canyon communities and is there a universal community?
• Why is there not more physical data? Is this what is most needed?
• What data do we need now? Most important?
• What processes control patterns?
• How similar are canyons across a gradient?
• How much do canyons influence an area on the larger scale?
• Are “active” canyons more/less biodiverse than “passive” ones?Outputs: